Cervical cancer in the Philippines ranks among the second most common cancer in women. About eleven (11) Filipino women die from this preventable disease each day.
cerviQ is a social enterprise that focuses on cervical cancer awareness, prevention, early detection, referrals for treatment, and a data repository for comparative studies and research purposes. It serves as an efficient channel linking remote medical experts and vulnerable individuals via a digital platform facilitated by nurses/midwives in coordination with local leaders and empowered community volunteers.
“To eliminate cervical cancer as a cancer burden in the Philippines through accessible and effective cancer awareness, screening and referral system via a digital platform.”
“To help lower the country’s cervical cancer mortality from 11 to less than 6 per day by 2035.”
- To empower women in making informed decisions pertaining to cervical health.
- To provide access to cervical cancer screenings wherein interpretations are done by artificial intelligence (AI) and/or highly competent OB-Gyne Specialist.
- To provide access to timely & affordable preventive/curative interventions in line with cervical health maintenance.
- To establish partnerships with government departments, LGUs, NGOs, private companies, and educational institutions.
- To gather data pertinent to research and development.
- To maintain a network of volunteers that will help advocate for cervical-related health-seeking behavior.